Sunday, June 29, 2008

Shepherds Pie


Here is my easy Sunday dinner tonight!

I'm a 5 ingredients or less kinda gal and this is one of my families favorites. I started making this when my boys were little and I wanted to sneak a few extra greens into their diet. I did not expect that they would love it so much! My girls now request this often and since it is sooooo easy, I don't mind.

Shepherds Pie

1 pound ground turkey, cooked with 1/2 cup chopped onion and salt and pepper to taste.
2 cans cambell's tomato soup
2 cans french green beans, drained (can use cooked frozen)
3 cups mashed potatoes (I usually mix up potato pearls from my food storage)
Shredded cheese to taste

Brown the ground turkey with the onion. Add the tomato soup. Let this simmer over medium heat for about 10 minutes. While this is simmering, heat oven to 350. Open the green beans and drain well, then prepare the potatoes. If using potato pearls, boil 4 cups of water and add to about 2 cups of potato pearls. Set beans and potatoes aside.

Pour 1/2 of the tomato mixture into a casserole dish. Then add the green beans, followed by the remaining tomato mixture. Spread the mashed potatoes on top and sprinkle with cheese to taste.

Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes or until it bubbles. Remove from oven and cool before serving.


Thanks for sharing Cori!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Sounds super easy. My kind of dish!

I swear one of these day I will cook. Skyler's been sick with the stomach flu for 2 days now, I have some sort of UTI or bladder infection, and Steve just got back from 3 days in Vegas with no sleep and too much fun. We ordered pizza tonight :)